Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies are one of the most popular recipes on my blog every Christmas season! You get a buttery shortbread cookie base, a bright, vibrantly flavored raspberry jam filling and they’re finished with a sweet almond glaze. Simply put, they’re addictively delicious!
#Chocolate #food #Dessert #Vegan #Healthy
- 2 cups + 2 Tbsp (300g) all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, cold and diced into 1 Tbsp pieces
- 2/3 cup (140g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup (124g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 – 4 tsp water
- For the cookies: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In a mixing bowl whisk together flour and salt, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, blend together butter and sugar until combined (it will take a minute or two since the butter is cold).
- Mix in almond extract then add in flour blend until mixture comes together (it will take a bit of mixing since the butter is cold, so be patient, it will seem really dry and crumbly at first).
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, about 1 Tbsp each, and place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Make a small indentation with thumb or forefinger in each cookie (large enough to fit 1/4 – 1/2 tsp of jam). Fill each with 1/4 – 1/2 tsp jam.
- Chill in refrigerator 20 minutes (or freezer for 10 minutes). Bake in preheated oven 14 – 18 minutes.
- Cool several minutes on baking sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- For the glaze: Whisk all glaze ingredients together in a small mixing bowl, adding enough water to reach desired consistency.
- Pour or spoon mixture into a sandwich size resealable bag, cut a small tip from one corner and drizzle over cool cookies. Let set at room temperature then store in an airtight container.
To measure flour scoop with measuring cup and level with a butter knife. Don’t whisk or sift first and don’t spoon into the measuring cup.