Easy Instant Pot Ribs Recipe
This easy ribs recipe can be cooked quickly in the Instant Pot, or slow cooked in the oven or crock pot if you have more time.
Servings: 4 servings
Author: Lisa Wells
- 2 racks pork ribs baby back or St. Louis style ribs
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Sugar Free BBQ sauce optional
- Remove membrane from back of ribs.
- Mix chili powder, salt, and coconut sugar (if using) together in a small bowl. Rub spice mixture evenly over ribs.
Instant Pot Method
- Place trivet rack in pot and add 1 cup of water. Stand the racks of ribs on the trivet.
- Cook on pressure cook high (or manual depending on which model Instant Pot you have) for 25 – 30 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally. Finish by grilling or broiling.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place ribs on a rimmed baking sheet and cover with foil. Bake 2 hours or until cooked to desired tenderness. Finish by grilling or broiling.
Slow Cooker Method
- Place ribs in slow cooker and cook 8 – 10 hours on low. Finish by grilling or broiling.
Grill or Broil to Finish
- Brush with BBQ sauce if desired.
- TO GRILL: cook over hot grill just until brown, 3 – 5 minutes per side. TO BROIL: broil on baking sheet, bone side down until browned.
- Serve with extra BBQ sauce on the side.
For Whole30: omit the coconut sugar in the dry rub.
For keto / low carb: omit the coconut sugar in the dry rub.
Nutrition info is for the ribs only.
Calories: 650kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 55g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 196mg | Sodium: 896mg | Potassium: 778mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1248IU | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 3mg